ConCen
The Book of Enoch the Prophet - Printable Version

+- ConCen (http://concen.org/forum)
+-- Forum: Main (/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: History (/forum-12.html)
+--- Thread: The Book of Enoch the Prophet (/thread-34428.html)

The Book of Enoch the Prophet - hilly7 - 08-07-2010 06:34 AM

I haven't read it yet but thought it something different. It can be downloaded at the site.

The Book of Enoch the Prophet

Categories: Apocrypha, Christianity, Gnosticism, R.H. Charles, Spirituality

The Book of Enoch, written during the second century B.C.E., is one of the most important non-canonical apocryphal works, and probably had a huge influence on early Christian, particularly Gnostic, beliefs. Filled with hallucinatory visions of heaven and hell, angels and devils, Enoch introduced concepts such as fallen angels, the appearance of a Messiah, Resurrection, a Final Judgement, and a Heavenly Kingdom on Earth. Interspersed with this material are quasi-scientific digressions on calendrical systems, geography, cosmology, astronomy, and meteorology.

One of the main influences from the book is its explanation of evil coming into the world with the arrival of the fallen angels. Enoch acts as a scribe, writing up a petition on behalf of these fallen angels, or fallen ones, to be given to a higher power for ultimate judgment. Christianity adopted some ideas from Enoch, including the Final Judgment, the concept of demons, the origins of evil and the fallen angels, and the coming of a Messiah and ultimately, a Messianic kingdom.

THE BOOK OF ENOCH was ultimately removed from the Bible and banned by the early church. Copies of it were found to have survived in Ethiopia, and fragments in Greece and Italy. Like the Dead Sea Scrolls and the Nag Hammadi Library, the Book of Enoch, translated from the original Ethiopian Coptic script, is a rare resource that was suppressed by the early church and thought destroyed.

The Book of Enoch describes the fall of the Watchers, the angels who fathered the Nephilim. The fallen angels went to Enoch to intercede on their behalf with God after he declared to them their doom. The remainder of the book describes Enoch’s visit to Heaven in the form of a vision, and his revelations.

Contents

* The Book of the Watchers (1 Enoch 1 – 36)
* The Book of Parables of Enoch (1 Enoch 37 – 71) (Also called the Similitudes of Enoch)
* The Astronomical Book (1 Enoch 72 – 82) (Also called the Book of the Heavenly Luminaries or Book of Luminaries. )
* The Book of Dream Visions (1 Enoch 83 – 90) (Also called the Book of Dreams)
* The Epistle of Enoch (1 Enoch 91 – 108)

VN:F [1.9.3_1094]
Rate This Book
please wait...
Rating: 8.4/10 (14 votes cast)
The Book of Enoch the Prophet, 8.4 out of 10 based on 14 ratings
Pages: 94 | Published: 1917 | Language: English
Download now
http://knowledgefiles.com/categories/spirituality/the-book-of-enoch-the-prophet/

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - mexika - 08-11-2010 09:37 AM

I've heard of this book. Origin of the Bible?

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - Deathaniel - 08-11-2010 10:07 AM

What soft ware do i need to load a PDF?
i wanted to grab a file to give and when i test opened it it failed and is all shit, ... any suggestions? I could have swore PDF was word pad but even it failed.

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - hilly7 - 08-11-2010 07:08 PM

The Bible is a collection of old manuscripts. There were two complied and made. 1 is missing and 1 is heavily guarded in Ethiopia. A Roman Cesar converted to Christianity and made it a law that everybody had to become one. His scribes went through and hand selected what they wanted to be in the Bible. Later on, and probably more than once, the Bible collection was cut again. There are 14 books taken out in one noted culling, one of them is Enoch. Also culled were some that gave an account for Jesus's (Yashua) missing years. The reason they gave was that they did not feel it was inspired by God. Knowing this, how much more was culled we don't even know about?

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - Bang 12 - 08-27-2010 10:08 AM

Hi,Western scholars currently assert that its older sections (mainly in the Book of the Watchers) date from about 300 BC and the latest part (Book of Parables) probably was composed at the end of the 1st century BC. However, Ethiopian scholars generally hold that Ge'ez is the language of the original from which the Greek and Aramaic copies were made, pointing out that it is the only language in which the complete text has yet been found.

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - Nokturnal - 08-27-2010 02:56 PM

These spammers are pretty advanced, eh?

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - Easy Skanking - 08-27-2010 09:43 PM

Not to mention numerous. I'm culling 5-10 every day.
Spammers suck donkey balls.

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - mothandrust - 08-27-2010 10:23 PM

thanks hilly, i'll give it a read, once i've finished the bible itself (made it to Amos so far)

RE: The Book of Enoch the Prophet - h3rm35 - 08-27-2010 10:35 PM

can anyone compare this to The Keys of Enoch? I started into it once, but it was a library book, and it was waaay to heavy to digest in the time they allowed me to hang onto it.